1) I began with BOST on October 3, 2001.
2) I first got involved with BOST when searching for a preschool for my daughter to attend. I found Hand-in-Hand on Dallas St. I liked the way Rhonda Jones ran it & when I decided to leave Walmart to have better time with my family, Rhonda offered me an opportunity. I had never worked in a preschool before; it was a challenging, learning, growing & rewarding experience!
3) The position I hold now involves managing Social Security benefits for my clients. With the help of my partner, Judy Johnson and our “gal Friday”, Liz Peters, we budget their funds, pay bills, assist with earnings, & many other financial related decisions.
4) I was surprised how many caring people there are who patiently work with our clients. I was more surprised how desperately they need advocates.
5) I have met some great people working at BOST who have inspired me to do better and to be better. I hope that maybe I have been an inspiration to others as well along the way. Proverbs 27:17 says, “as iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.”
6) I would have to say that it is gratifying to me whenever I get to assist in helping our clients with their quality of life. I love to see them get excited when they can purchase or do something they want.
7) I think people should know that BOST is a community of people helping in various aspects of our clients lives. Whether it is admin, financial, instructors, aides, Waiver managers, department directors, or whatever the position-we all contribute towards our people living their best lives.
8) The best career lesson I’ve learned so far is that good contacts are SO important! I have people who I can count on to get me what I need-they are worth their weight in gold!
9) If I weren’t working at BOST, my husband and I both would have liked to have had our own business.
10) The most interesting job I have had was servicing greeting cards. I used to enjoy reading the cards as I put them out. I would shake my head during Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day when people mobbed the counters and stepped on cards on the floor! I guess I liked to think about what joy they might bring to their recipients.
11) I believe I would tell myself at age 13 “Adulthood will come a lot faster than you think! Do all you can to prepare for it!”
12) Three words that best describe me: Needs God always!
13) When I’m not working, I like to ride with my husband on our motorcycle, spend time with my family when I can (spread out as we all are!), hang out with my Boston terrier, Max, and work on crochet projects.
14) A fun fact some people may not know about me is that I love collecting items all year long to pack in shoeboxes for Samaritan Purse’s Operation Christmas Child. They gift them to children in serious situations to show them God’s love and open the door to the gospel message.
15) My favorite place in the world is on the back of our motorcycle on a beautiful day!
16) If I could meet anyone in the world, dead or alive, it would be Jesus, who IS alive!
17) The one thing I would not want to live without is coffee!
18) If I could have one superpower it would be to come up with the perfect thing for supper every night! Ha ha!
19) One food I can’t resist is dessert!
20) I would like to credit Rhonda Jones who has been a champion for me, believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself, and has given me grace time and again for mistakes made. I would not be doing what I’m doing with out her.
Show Your Support
Receive News & Updates